We provide an unforgettable personal tour of the beautiful and famous Honey Island Swamp
Voted the #1 Cajun Swamp Tour by Locals!
Experience the Honey Island Swamp like no other. Owned and operated by New Orleans natives, Cajun Encounters scouts out the best experts in the field to give you an authentic, safe, personal, hands on tour of the swamp.
We are a local company, and our mission is to give visitors a REALISTIC view of the swamp.
Using smaller, 22 passenger covered and uncovered boats, (never airboats), we are able to get you closer to wildlife and give you a chance to not only see and smell the swamp, but touch the flora and fauna around you.
Come visit us in the Honey Island Swamp and see one of the only remaining preserved wetlands in Louisiana.
By booking a tour with Cajun Encounters, you will be able to:
- Experience a tour recommended by locals and celebrities alike – personally showcased by Kelly Ripa, NBC and CBS! Check out our celebrity videos!
- Get a closer, more intimate feel of your surroundings, being able to see alligators, raccoons, owls, wild boars, nutria, snakes, turtles, bald eagles, black bears, and many birds just feet away!
- Feel safe knowing that you are guided by the best in the business. Generations-long New Orleanians, most having lived off of the water all of their lives, and many with field degrees.
- See one of the only remaining preserved wetlands in Louisiana. Cajun Encounters is a proud member of the Louisiana Nature Conservancy!
- See an authentic Cajun village, only accessible by boat!
- Experience something truly unique – there has even been talk of an ivory billed woodpecker sighting, previously believed to be extinct.
- Tours can be performed privately in French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, as well as many other languages. Contact us directly to get details!
Honey Island Swamp
Adults: $25 | Children (under 12): $15
|Tour Times: 7:30am (drive out tours only), 9:30am, 12:00pm, 2:45pm, and 5:00pm (seasonal)*Seasonal tours run throughout daylight savings time. They will begin again on March 8th, 2015.$2 discount for AAA, Senior Citizen (65 and older) and U.S. Military. Discounts not valid with other coupons or specials.|
Honey Island Swamp
(With Hotel Pickup)
Adults: $52 | Children (under 12): $32.50
|Pickup Time||Tour Time||Return Time (appx)|
|DRIVE OUT TOURS ONLY||7:30am||DRIVE OUT TOURS ONLY|
|8:00 – 8:30am||9:30am||12:45pm|
|10:30 – 11:00am||12:00pm||3:40pm|
|1:15 – 1:45pm||2:45pm||6:00pm|
|*Seasonal tours run throughout daylight savings time. They will begin again on March 8th, 2015.$2 discount for AAA, Senior Citizen (65 and older) and U.S. Military. Discounts not valid with other coupons or specials.|